I really can't believe that this is the 9th edition of the guide. It is a lot of work to keep it updated year after year, especially since technology changes so rapidly. We write this book each year to help the solo and small firm attorneys decide which technologies and configurations are recommended. The recommendations are what we are seeing being used in the 200+ solo and small firms we service as a technology consultant. It does not include every possible option, which would overwhelm anyone trying to make a purchasing decision.
Specific topics covered in the 2016 Legal Technology Guide include:
- An overview of current best-of-breed and budget friendly legal technology products
- Microsoft Office 10 and Office 365
- The ethical use of social media (chapter contributed by social media expert Jennifer Ellis)
- The authors' favorite utilities
- Data security – what reasonable measures should you be taking in light of the new ethics rules?
- The PaperLESS office – kicking the paper habit (chapter contributed by law practice management advisor David Bilinsky)
- How to use your iPad in litigation and favorite iPad software (chapter contributed by Tom Mighell and Paul Unger)
- Cloud computing pros and cons
- Where the legal technology world will be in 2016 and beyond
You can order the book from the ABA webstore at http://shop.americanbar.org/eBus/Store/ProductDetails.aspx?productId=227736230. In addition, Sharon and I will be holding a Meet the Author session on Thursday, March 17, 2016 from 2:45 PM to 3:45 PM at ABA TECHSHOW in Chicago. We hope to see you there.