A lot of us are very familiar with Outlook and how to use it for email. What if you recently shifted to G Suite and are suddenly faced with a new interface? Computer World has information to help you navigate Gmail and make it feel more like an Outlook experience. Follow these seven steps to help you feel more comfortable with the shift to G Suite.
- Embrace Gmail's labels
- Try automatic filtering for labels
- Apply colors to Gmail labels
- Disable Gmail's conversation view
- Enable Gmail's preview pane
- Use Chrome extensions that mimic Outlook's functionality
- Import an Outlook calendar
Labels are Gmail's equivalent to Outlook folders. They will help organize your email so learn how to manipulate them. I disagree with disabling the conversation view since I have it enabled in Outlook. However, long time Outlook users will want to stay with the individual message view to increase the comfort factor.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 703.359.0700
Digital Forensics/Information Security/Information Technology