It really doesn't matter if you are an iPhone fanatic, an Android snob or some other mobile OS user. You need to have some sort of security software installed. AV-TEST has recently published its listing of the top ten tools. A lot of the listed products are not what would be called mainstream and are listed here.
- AhnLab V3 Mobile Security Version 3.1
- Antiy AVL Version 2.5
- Bitdefender Mobile Security Version 3.2
- Cheetah Mobile Security Master Version 4.2
- G Data Internet Security Version 26.0
- Kaspersky Lab Internet Security Version 11.14
- McAfee Mobile Security Version 4.9
- Norton MobileSecurity Version 3.21
- Tencent WeSecure
- Trend Micro Mobile Security
Good thing the list is not listed by effective status. It is order alphabetically. I've looked at a few of the listed products and caution users to read the Terms of Service. Several of the recommend products require that you accept being bombarded with ads as a condition to use the free application. I would recommend that you stay with mainstream vendors. That means if you look at the AV-TEST list, you would investigate Bitdefender, Kaspersky, McAfee, Norton and Trend Mico.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 703.359.0700
Digital Forensics/Information Security/Information Technology